Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wine Logg: Benton Lane 2006 Pinot Noir

I've been exploring a lot of different wines lately, and I am learning that my favorite grape is definitely pinot noir. So I buy a bottle here, and there. I have a few nice bottles at home. Sometimes I just like to go to Binny's and spend some time there picking wine. There are so many great choices, it's really hard to decide.
Last Sunday I was making dinner and I opened a bottle of Benton Lane 2006 Pinot Noir from Oregon's Willamette Valley ($25.00). Great pinot for the price. They are not cheap. Here are the tasting notes provided by Benton Lane Winery website:

"This deep ruby colored pinot noir has impressive and varietal aromas of bing cherries, red plums, hibiscus and wild mushrooms. The smooth, ripe tannins give a voluptuous texture to the mixed berry and chocolate flavors of the wine. A hint of white pepper adds further complexity to the lively and seamless velvety finish".
The winery is environmentally friendly and certified as "Sustainable Agriculture" and "Salmon Safe".

I really enjoyed this wine. Will definitely buy another bottle. :)

No comments: