Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Best Cook Books of 2008

Epicurious published this article featuring the best cook books of 2008 . I was really curious to see what they have to offer. I always love to read up on new cookbooks and get inspired... So once I saw this article I had to include it in my blog.

Couple of the books caught my attention, and I just may have to get them.


# 1 is the book called Fish Without a Doubt could be a great source of seafood recipes. I have to admit that I like to eat fish a lot, but I am not a huge fan of making it. Usually I order it in a restaurant. But I always wanted to make more seafood/fish dishes at home. So I think this book will eventually find it's way to my shelf.


#2 - is The Modern Baker . I don't own too many books on desserts. I like to bake, but I don't do it as often as I would like to. So maybe to start I just need something to inspire me, like this book...


# 3 on my "WANTED" list is book called Paley"s Place Cookbook . The author is one of the county's top regional chefs. The book includes a melange of inspirational recipes from The Paley's Place Bistro and Bar in Portland Oregon. I am absolutley fascinated with pacific northwest, so I would love to learn more about the food of this region. And I know they have great chefs out there...
So another one for my collections...

I was only going to include 3 books in this post, but I just can't help it - I love them all!!! But don't worry, I will not be writing about all of those books, one more and I am done. If you want to check out the full article please click here and you will be redirected to Epicurious website.


OK, here is my #4 (I was between two books, and I had to pick one!)- I chose Urban Italian . Even though I am Polish, I love Italian kitchen. The cookbook is full of soulful, sophisticated food and delicious stories written by one of the youngest best chefs of New York.
I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I absolutely love cookbooks. I buy them, collect them, read them from cover to cover several times, and actually rarely make recipes from them. I love to read them, to get inspired and to create my own versions of things I read about... it seems more fun this way...

No comments: