Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bites!

I am so frustrated with taking pictures of my food. I work 9-5 job during the day, and by the time I get home at 6 pm, and make dinner, unfortunately it's already dark outside - so no natural lighting. And #2 - I am usually very hungry by the time dinner is ready, and there is no way that I can wait until I take a few decent shots of my food...

So, I obviously have to figure out my food photography before I start posting recipes. I don't want to post them without photos.
I have been reading about food photography, and as far as I can tell the natural lighting is the key. In the summer I should be able to shoot in the daylight, but in the winter, in Chicago, it's getting dark at 4 pm. I guess first I should set up a little set - and maybe get a lamp, and cover it with a white cloth for a softer light, prepare the set before I have the food ready to shoot, so when it is ready - I can just place it on the set and shoot... But what do I do about being hungry??? Eat something else? That doesn't sound good....
I have few things to figure out and some homework to do ... get better with the photography...

Meantime, I may post a recipe here and there without a photo, or a recipe that I've tried from the magazine, cookbook or other sites...

If you have any suggestions for me abut the food photography, please comment. I appreciate the advice... thanks ...

No comments: