Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BIG FIRE 2007 Oregon Pinot Noir

This is one of my favorite pinot noir wines from Oregon. In fact this wine was the first red wine I tried and I decided that I liked it a lot. We used to have this little, cozy restaurant on the corner. It was called Phil and Lou's and we were frequently eating there. Nice place, with a great atmosphere, great, simple and tasty menu. That's where for the first time I tried this red wine, and I fell in love. I used to drink white only for a while, and funny, how it's changed quickly, and now I almost don't drink white wine at all. Pinot Noir is my favorite, I also like zinfandel, malbec, cabarnet and trying to get into the worlds of Shiraz. There's just so many....

Big Fire - I really liked the 2006, unfortunately I don't think I get it any more, and they have this 2007. It's slightly different from 2006, but it is a very nice wine. Smooth, with flavors of cherry and different berries. Great with pizza dinner, or just by itself. Priced: $23.00 per bottle.



Here is the wine poster from R. Start & Co. website. Check it out and let me know what you think, and if you liked it.

No comments: